Sunday 23 May 2010

May 2010 - Out of office

I spent this winter being remarkably sensible. Picking up the threads of a former life I went to work at the Overseas Development Institute in London. I took up the role of Programme Officer in the Social Development programme whose research focuses on the interfaces of poverty reduction and child, youth and gender issues in the developing world.
The ODI is a fascinating place to work and allowed me to save some money but sure enough the desk, pc and phone routine wore thin and I am thrilled to now be back in my natural environment and heading off for the BMC international sea cliff climbing meet in West Cornwall!
The interlude is worth a mention here though since those of us born with security and opportunity in the developed world should always bear in mind how lucky we are to have the freedom and means to enjoy our natural world and also remember the responsibility we have to lead the way in protecting it.

Child labour and construction supporting the ever growing human population and demands on our planet

No comments:

Post a Comment