Sunday 17 May 2009

Plastic Pulling

Climbing is always at the mercy of the weather and this week's has been particularly unforgiving so I've been doing a lot of indoor training as a result. To avoid the showers during the week I spent a couple of evenings with Pete at the Barn Climbing Centre near Launceston. Whilst it appears very DIY the route setting at the Barn is awesome and as well as a vicious pump you're sure to find some thought provoking climbing as well.

This weekend I set out on the long journey to Snowdonia but the appalling weather forecast brought us up short in Bath and so I've spent a very civilised couple of days catching up with friends and enjoying some night life for a change! On Saturday we did nip over to The Climbing Academy in Bristol. This was the first time I'd visited the South West's newest and most eagerly awaited indoor centre and I was not to be disappointed. The bouldering circuits were varied and covered a broad range of difficulty with plenty of problems at every level to keep you entertained until your arms and fingers could bear no more! Furthermore, the cafe and facilities were excellent and there was a friendly, helpful atmosphere throughout both the clientele and staff. A big thumbs up and I hope to pay another visit soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment